Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium
Location: Wollongong Science Centre, Innovation Campus, 60 Squires Way,
Phone: 02 4286 5000
Ages: All ages
Days Available: Open 6 days a week from Thursday to Tuesdays from 10am - 4pm (closed Wednesdays during the school term).
Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium in Wollongong is a fun and educational place to take the little ones. The Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium
has some great shows and exhibits including:
- Exhibit Hall, which has over 100 interactive exhibits relating to various themes like "The Machine " or "Dinosaurs, Fossils and Coal".
- BlueScope Steel Planetarium - for stunning recreations of the night sky - from around the world, from different eras
- even from a different planet! The Planetarium also offers exciting laser shows. On the weekend there is a planetarium show particularly suitable
for young people and families at 12 noon. A family laser concert is held in the theatre at 1 PM. On weekdays shows are scheduled to suit group
bookings. Please call to check availability.
- Observatory has a powerful telescope and plenty of amazing images from distant galaxies far, far away...
- the Illawarra Coal Science Theatre has entertaining science shows in which to explore the more interactive fields of science, whether
it be blowing gigantic bubbles, freezing objects or just blowing things up. Science shows are held on weekends and school holidays at 11am and
2pm. Generally the morning show is particular suited for the youngest children.
Cost: See website for updated costs.