Parents Guide Illawarra "WIN a 6 Week Trial Membership from Beaton Park & Lakeside Leisure Centre!" Competition Closed
Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is conducted by Parents Guide Illawarra (ABN 48 795 501 176) of Level 1, Suite 1, Diamond Offices, 65-67
Burelli St, Wollongong, NSW 2520 phone: 02 4254 5308 (“Promoter”).
2. Entry into the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions and Prize information
published by the Promoter form part of these Terms & Conditions.
3. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be individually judged based
on the originality and creative merit of the written entry provided to the Competition. The Promoter’s decision in relation
to all aspects of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Subject to Clause 6, the Competition is only open to individuals who are:
a) aged 18 years or older as at the time of entry into the Competition;
b) a resident of Australia; and
c) ‘Like’ Parents Guide Illawarra on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Parents.Guide.Illawarra) (or email their entries directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org , only if they are not a facebook member.
5. The following individuals are ineligible to enter:
a) employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies, printers, suppliers, providers or
participating retailers who are associated with the Competition;
b) the spouse, de facto spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew child/ step-child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption), step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin of
any person outlined in Clause 5a;
c) persons who the Promoter has previously notified as not being permitted to enter the Promoter’s promotions or competitions.
6. The Competition commences at on Tue 18 October 2016 and closes at 11:59PM Australian Eastern Daylight
Savings Time (“AEDST”) on Fri 4 November 2016 (“Competition Period”).
7. If an Eligible Entrant uses mobile Internet either on a mobile phone or another internet enabled device to participate in
the Competition, then the Entrant must be identified as the account holder of the end mobile/internet device. Accessing
mobile content including web-based content may incur data charges. Eligible Entrant’s will need to refer to the terms of
their service provider and plan for details and costs. Any charges will then be charged as per the terms and conditions
of the provider. All general queries relating to mobile bills should be directed to the Eligible Entrant’s service provider.
8. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry mechanic below during the Competition Period:
a) during the Promotional Period, visit www.facebook.com/Parents.Guide.Illawarra (“Promotional Page”) or if not on facebook go to http://www.parents-guide.com.au/competitions.
The Promotor reserves the right to extend or shorten the Promotional Period at any stage at its discretion.
b) visit our promotions partner’s website made available by the competition post on the Promotional Page;
c) follow the prompts in the post;
d)or; if not instructed otherwise, comment, in 25 words or less, a creative answer to this question (or email answer
In 25 words or less, tell us why you want to win the prize: 6 week trial membership which includes unlimited centre usage and childminding.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable or non-viewable entries will be deemed invalid and will not constitute an eligible entry.
10. One entry per Eligible Entrant. All entries must be submitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
12. The Promoter may communicate messages to Eligible Entrants via Facebook, where applicable. The number of messages will
be determined by the Promoter in its absolute sole discretion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible
Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to the Promoter or an existing customer of the Promoter) and
to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who
tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter
to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Proof of identification and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event
that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, that winner will forfeit their Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Eligible Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy will be invalid.
16. There will be a Winner/s judged (“Winner”).
17. The entries received during the Competition Period will be entered into one (1) “Judging Period”. Entries into the Judging
Period will open and close on the date/time outlined in the table below. The entries received during the Judging Period
will be judged in accordance with the criteria outlined in clause 3, and a prize will be awarded to number of prizes (numeral)
entrants who submit the best valid entry as determined by the judges in the Judging Period. The Promoter may select additional
reserve entries which it deems to be the next best (“Runner Up”) and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible
entrant is selected as a provisional winner.
Judging Period: From Wed 5 October 2016 to 7 November 2016
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Winner will be notified by facebook personal message, e-mail and/or telephone week after judging closes and will have
until week after to supply all required documentation including: full name, email address and date of birth for themselves.
20. The 1 most creative entry/ies (as determined by the judges) in the Judging Period will win one of
the prizes: 6 week trial membership which includes unlimited centre usage and childminding., valued up to $99.
21. If for any reason a Winner does not take the Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be redistributed.
22. If any Winner cannot be contacted despite every reasonable effort made by the Promoter by the 2nd week after judging close
(or, if the prize is a ticket to an event, 4 days before the prize event date), their Prize will be deemed unclaimed.
The Promoter may award any unclaimed Prize from a Judging Period to the Eligible Entrant who submitted the next best valid
entry (as determined by the judges) during the corresponding Judging Period.
23. If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute
the Prize (or part of the Prize) with another prize to the equal value and/or specification.
24. The total prize pool for this Competition is valued at a maximum of up to 1.
25. Prizes, or any unused portion of a Prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
26. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that each Winner must comply with all of the conditions of use of a Prize and any
Prize supplier requirements.
27. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to
any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised
intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
(a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the Website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet
or Mobile Service Provider used.
29. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. Each entrant warrants
to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights
of any third party. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from
a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant
to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name and the 25 words or less component of their Entry only in the event they
are a Winner in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory
consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the
ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including
its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury;
or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any
way out of the Competition.
32. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any technical or electrical issues that may arise in connection with the
Competition (whether or not under the Promoter’s control), including with any third party platform such as on Twitter or
Instagram; (ii) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this
Competition; (iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (iv) any variation in Prize value
to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (v) if the Competition is cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended; and/or
(vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant. Individuals should obtain independent tax and financial
advice; or (vii) taking of/participating in the Prize. The Promoter does not guarantee that Twitter or Instagram will be
available at all times during the Competition Period or that the Eligible Entrant will be able to access or use the Twitter
or Instagram services during the Competition Period, and the Promoter will not be held responsible in this regard. CAUTION:
ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPETITION OR TO OTHERWISE
UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER
RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER
OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
33. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such
information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and,
as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may,
for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for Competition, marketing, publicity, research
and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Eligible Entrant. Eligible Entrants should
direct any request to access, opt-out, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of
34. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. It
are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition
must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury
which is suffered or sustained by an Eligible Entrant, as a result of participating in this Competition (including taking/use
of a Prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
35. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the
courts of that State.