I've heard that some school tuckshops take email orders, we haven't gotten that far yet but since starting school there's a whole lot of technology making our lives easier (?)
- School eNews app - Rather than scrabbling through school bags and smelly black banana skins, our school emails the fortnightly newsletter and any most other updates. They also gave us the heads up on the School eNews app. This neat little app will let you know when a new notice has gone up and then format it so that it's easy to read on your smart phone.
- Scholastic bookclub. Remember the bookclub books you used to beg mum to buy? You'd pick the books, mum would tick the box and put the money and the form in an envelope and a few weeks later, back would come the books. Now it's all ordered on line from companies like Scholastic.
- Kindy Now. You've got a work conference coming up and you need extra childcare days for the little angel. Open up your apps and check out Kindy Now. This app connects your directly with your childcare centre letting you know the last minute places available at your childcare and letting you book them in. The childcare wins because they get an additional payment for the day and you win because it gets you out of a spot.
- School photos. No longer do they send home the happy snap school pics for your to choose which ones you'd like. Now companies like www.aussieschoolphotos.com will get you to order and prepay your pics online.
- School interviews. Don't worry about ticking a box on your time slot for the next Parent Teacher interview and then finding out it's gone. Now you jump online and book it straight in on sites like www.schoolinterview.com.au
- Library elf beats having to hold on to the book receipt docket or waiting for that email that tells you your books are overdue. Get online check whether your library is one of the 50 odd registered with www.LibraryElf.com and sign up. A few days before your books are due they will send you an email and then another just before they become due. At the moment just the government libraries seem to be on it.
*Educational Institutions need to be registered with the technology. If they're not, why not suggest it to them.
Author - Nicky Way
Wanna be novel writer | Yoga teacher |Student | Outnumbered by three males and a dog named Goliath not far from Wollongong in the Northern Illawarra. Discovering, learning and experiencing wine, coffee, life to share it with you. All this while I get back to work freelance writing/blogging for and teaching yoga. Navigating life with Mr Miner, our boys and a dog named Goliath here in the Northern Illawarra.
Freelance writing, blogging and social media for publications and business. Sharing my passion for discovery and connecting on my blog @nickywaywrites.com
Phone 0409 615 118
Mail PO Box 11 Thirroul NSW 2515